Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shredded Pork for Tacos

1 Pork tenderloin (We bought a huge one from Sam's Club and cut it in 3rds so we froze the rest for future meals.)
1 jar Herdez Verde Salsa
Equal amount of water.
1 can RoTel Tomotoes & Chilis.  (We ended up buying generic because they didn't have RoTel but make sure to look at the label to see what it contains.  Some brands had nasty fillers in them)
Butter Lettuce
Avocado


Put meat, salsa, water, and RoTel chilis in crock pot set to low.  Go to work.  When you get home pull the pork out.  Shred the pork and throw back into the pot. 

When ready for dinner use butter lettuce as a shell and add meat, and avocado slice.  I also  have a jar of Herdez Regular Salsa I will add to mine.  Herdez seems to be one of the only clean brands of salsa here.  We ended up buying generic tomatoes & chilis because they didn't have RoTel.  Make sure to look at the label to see what it contains.  Some brands had nasty fillers in them and since I couldn't look at a can of RoTel I don't know if it is an offender.

No comments:

Post a Comment